Remember those sweet childhood days when your mum would make you a soothing and heart-warming DIY meal? The one which would cast all of your worries away and lighten up your heart after just first bite? With a big loving smile on her face, she would look at you emptying the plate, and reward you with a soft kiss or a cuddle of joy after the last bite…
There is no other feeling in the World that could beat mama’s TLC! I am sure that these loving memories are giving you beautiful chills down the spine right now…
Three eventful decades later, on a grey and rainy Sunday morning, this exact flashback took me over. A bit sentimental and fragile, I felt a need for something heart-warming & soothing, something that would make me move mountains again. One glimpse around the kitchen was enough for creation of this ultimate “mama’s TLC” style meal. It is truly miraculous what kind of effect one ripe banana, an apple and some oats can have on your body, mind & soul. A true quick fix mood booster guaranteed 🙂
So feel free to mash away in your comfiest fleece outfit, backed with some nice soothing music in the background. With each bite, enjoy a lovely trip down the childhood memory lane. Then start jumping from joy around an empty plate, all mentally re-charged and physically re-energized.
Yeaaah, you are on top of the World again 🙂
p.s. Give your mum a nice phone call afterwards to thank her for all the TLC and unconditional love she has given you.
Very healthy and heart-warming quick fix meal, which will instantly take you down the childhood memory lane. Important warning: may result in a happy re-energized dance around an empty plate 🙂
- 1 large ripe banana
- 3 tbsps oats
- 1 larger apple (sweet variety)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (preferably Ceylon)
Peel and slice ripe banana over a soup plate. Mash it well with a fork until you get very creamy and mushy texture.
Add all the oat flakes. Stir well to coat oats evenly, and let it rest for couple of minutes.
Peel your apple and grate it finely over the oat mash. By grating it directly into a plate, you will keep all the nice juices.
Sprinkle the mash with some cinnamon, stir well, and start enjoying your heart-warming masterpiece 🙂
- This is a very healthy baby food meal. For infants, just process it more finely using a hand stick blender.
- Now here is an idea! Turn your mash into a portable meal, and use it as an S.O.S. mood booster kit during the day.
- For a superfood version, add few teaspoons of your favourite supplement; maca, matcha, moringa, carob powder, raw cocoa powder, hemp powder…
- Due to a natural high sugar content in ripe bananas, there is no need for extra sweetening. This is highly healthy meal all the way. Brilliant, right?