Yeaaah, it works! You can seriously make ultra delicious and healthy choco mousse with black beans as a base ingredient.
Been in a search for a healthy and nutritious dairy free version of my favourite dessert for a while now. Cannot even remember all the recipes I had browsed, hoping to find “the it” formula. Eventually, I ended up with the system overload 🙂 Literally got tired of studying numerous online recipes, and just gave up on the entire project.
As it is usually the case, once you let go and relax, the right solution knocks at your doors. If black beans can create fascinating brownies, why in the World could they not do the same with the mousse!? Having a tin of black beans in the pantry (for ages I admit, thumbs up for a long shelf life :-)), last weekend I decided to go with the flow.
And it worked! It actually worked so great, that it became my main portable lunch dessert for the entire week. Every day the taste had been getting better and better, resulting in a huge smile on my face for hours after the last spoon. What’s the best part – it is a smile that comes from within. It is impossible to describe this physical and psychological hours long feel good effect after just one tiny pot!
You seriously have to test it out ASAP. Please go overboard)) Make a gigantic batch in one go, then store it in several small jars, and keep that crescent smile on your face all week long. Time to go choco loco 🙂
Plant power all the way! Black beans choco mousse is a dream come true for every sweet tooth soul; quick fix, nutritious, low in calories, genuine feel good side effect, and on top of it all – totally dairy free. Must try, must try, must try 🙂
- 1 tin black beans (drained)
- 2 full soup spoons raw cocoa powder
- 3 soup spoons honey or agave/rice syrup
- 100 ml plant based or dairy milk* (preferably plant based)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- * milk if using dairy go for full fat, if using plant based go for thicker and fuller in flavour; organic soya is ideal, oat or rice work as well
Easy peasy 🙂
Place all ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until you get a smooth and creamy mixture. If necessary, stop once or twice to push little bits and pieces from the side towards center. This is a great opportunity to taste your masterpiece and adjust it to your liking – more sweetness, extra cinnamon or some other superfood powder, more milk…
Once happy with the taste and texture, place mousse into serving bowls and start indulging)) But please, try to save at least one tiny pot for a day after, with time flavours get only more rewarding.
- Maca, matcha, wheat grass, carob powder, moringa or berries powder are all brilliant super food ingredients to further enrich this dessert. Ha, ha, ultra healthy is a light word if you opt for this tip, nearly reaching immortality level there))
- Sprinkle the mousse with some grated toasted nuts such as pistachios, almonds or walnuts before serving. It bring that edgy note, and rounds up the end flavour just right.
- Great to use as a healthy chocolaty spread for pancakes, toasted bread, or sponge cakes.