Hmmm, there are just no ordinary words to describe my latest culinary delight. This jolly and perfectly rounded salad instantly make you go poetic. This is how healthy, energized, and empowering it is. Let the song tell you all:-)
We are living in unpredictable roller-coaster time,
But no worries my friend, things will soon be fine.
Current happening are outside our control,
But this is certainly not a reason to go a wall.
Whenever you are in a need for some groove,
Making this beautiful rice salad is the right move.
There is nothing that a good dose of powerful nutrients cannot fix,
Well my friend, this dish is a perfect energizing mix.
Good old nutritious gluten free grain rice,
Will sort you out with healthy proteins and carbs just nice.
Nectarines, sweetcorn & tomatoes provide your body with generous anti-oxidant (age) vitamins A & C dose,
They are certainly not in this salad just for the pose.
Smooth and creamy avocado cannot wait to feed your skin,
Feel free to add an extra amount in.
Mineral rich spring onions and basil round up overall flavor just right,
Never underestimate their immune boosting might.
To make your skin totally glow,
Let the lime juices flow.
Mere salt and pepper as spices will build up the final flavor in such a perfect way,
This is the end of the recipe instructions, nothing left to say.
Do something fantastic for your body and mind today,
Overdosing on this amazing dish is totally OK.
Your body is your temple, so feed it right,
Embrace your life in all its’ beauty and fly like a kite! 🙂
In a need for a bit of groove? Then testing out this powerful & healthy rice salad is the right move:-)
- 200 g rice of choice (jasmine rice is my favourite)
- 1 large cob fresh sweetcorn (or tinned, cca, 300 g. drained weight)
- 1 large riper nectarine
- 2 stalks spring onions
- 1 larger tomato (or 200 g. cherry)
- 1/2 large avocado, riper (or 1 small)
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- lime juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
Boil rice according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool a bit.
In the meantime, wash/peel/chop all other ingredients. As you finish slicing, keep placing them in one larger salad bowl. Make sure you do not discard juices from nectarine and tomatoes – add them to the mix as they will give this dish an extra “wow” kick.
When finished with slicing, season the mixture with salt and pepper. Stir well and taste.
At this stage, you will already experience an “OMG, this is so freaking good” sensation. This is only a start my friend 🙂
Add some extra salt and/or pepper if desired.
When happy with the taste, add boiled rice, stir all well once again, and groove on))
- Toasted sesame rounds up the final flavour brilliantly (and is additional source of minerals & proteins)
- When not in season, you can use ripe mango instead of nectarine. Half of average size mango will be just right.
- A bit of olive oil is optional, but it will give the salad extra fullness + provide your body with some good monounsaturated fats and anti-oxidants.
- It might sound a bit awkward, but this dish is a great wholesome brunch, trust me!