Desperate times do not always require desperate measures!
Yes, unexpected arrival of the Corona virus messed up our comfy everyday lives quite a bit. Will not go into details on this occasion, all is clear. Current events are the way they are. We are not able to affect happenings on the Global level, full stop. However, we are still very much in control of our physical and mental well-being. We are not very keen on this word, but hey, each one of us is responsible for one’s own thoughts, feelings, actions, and FOOD CHOICES. Have to capitalize the last one, as the right nutrition decisions are currently a must for maintain a strong, virus & any other disease resistant immune system. There is a thin line between crisps and sweet potato bake😊
That said, let me come back to the first line. Times are a bit desperate, but measures are ought to be quite the opposite. Great news – now is “the it” time to go overindulgent with all possible superfood you have been piling up in your cupboards for months, years even… Just take everything out, line it up on the kitchen table, and start using your imagination.
For an inspiration, here is a super cool recipe to get you going. Been on a cupboard cleaning rampage myself, and it resulted in one truly exceptional, yummy, and super-duper healthy creation. These are not your average Joe sweet tooth oat balls. Oh no! These little, yet mighty balls of goodness, are guaranteed to make you scream “I am titanium!!!”.
In a way, they could be compared to the Avengers)) Each ingredient is already a superhero, but their unity additionally increases their super powers to the extent where they become unbeatable, regardless of the challenges. Read – titanium immune system guaranteed😉
Prescription: indulge in 2-3 balls every morning and evening for 30 days minimum.
Very likely side effects: supernatural physical strength, exceptionally strong immune system, crescent smile on your face you just cannot get rid of, virus tolerant…
Other: no need to consult your doctor prior to the treatment, safe (even encouraged) to use on a daily base for unlimited period of time
Warning: your immune system could become so titanic, that you might not see your doctor again…
Better start rolling guys😊
And always remember – health is a true wealth!
Super powers packed balls of goodness for titanium immune system and tremendous physical strength.
- 100 g. oats
- 1,5 tbsps honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsps dry and pre-soaked blackberries/blackcurrants/goji berries, OR
- 100 g. fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp carob or cocoa powder
- 50 ml lukewarm water
- Remark 1 – in this recipe 1 tbsp = 1 soup spoon
- Remark 2 – if using fresh blueberries – start with a bit less than 50 ml of water, and add full amount ifnecessary.
Put oats in a food chopper/processor, and mix for couple of seconds, just enough to get fine texture.
Add all other ingredients, and keep blending until you get a smooth paste.
During the process, give your blender a little rest occasionally to avoid overheating. Use this pause to scrape off the mixture which sticks to the sides, and scoop it gently into the centre.
Play it by the ear – if necessary, pour a bit more water. Or if the texture seems to mushy, add some more oats and honey.
Once you get that right compact, a bit hard mixture, you are ready for some rolling fun. Scoop out Ferrero Roche ball size mixture with a spoon, and roll it with your hand into a tiny ball for of goodness.
If possible, refrigerate for at least 12 hours, or even better, overnight. However, it is perfectly fine to start indulging immediately😊
- Other very welcomed optional extra ingredients: matcha, maca, pollen, cinnamon, pinch of cayenne pepper, ground flaxseeds, moringa, hemp powder, collagen powder…
- For vegan version use the same amount of agave, rice syrup or another plant-based sweetener. If not vegan, honey is my choice number 1 because it works as the best thickener, and it is there for a health factor. Plant based sweeteners are only sugars, while honey, especially pine or sage one, have tremendous anti septic properties, especially for your tummy and lungs.
- Main super power of each ingredient:
- Oats – high in fibres, skin and gut remedy
- Honey (especially sage or pine) – anti septic, gut health (sooths inflamed gut)
- Ground ginger – strong anti-septic
- Blue/black/goji berries (ground or fresh) – packed with anti-oxidant vitamin C, natural immune booster
- Cocoa or carob powder – rich in essential minerals
- This is a low-calorie sweet tooth goodie – each ball contains cca. 35 kcal!
- Very long shelf life – up to 14 days if kept refrigerated in a tight container (if not using fresh berries)