Wow guys, sooo happy to share my latest kitchen breakthrough; a meal which instantly became my weekly (nearly daily) menu must do! For the last couple of weeks I keep blending away while singing “I just can’t have enough…” with a big smile on my face. And after the last lick (yes, I admit licking my plate), I start getting chills down my spine thinking: “Man, this is nearly better than s…”.
Other side effects? Well, instant body rejuvenation, energy re-charge, glowy smooth skin the next morning, natural high, uncontrollable giggling, feeling like you are on top of the World…, just to name few. OK, let me get to the chase before you start thinking I have started blending drugs – all ingredients in this amazing recipe are 100% legal 🙂
Base for this dish is a smoothie, which takes over a role of a soup stock. Once your “stock” is boiled, that is, smoothie is blended, and poured into a soup plate, topping ingredients will give it that final wow factor touch & a well-rounded finish.
Smoothie itself is bursting with life. Superfood ingredients blueberries and avocado are packed with powerful anti-oxidant vitamins C & E (read – anti-age & reversalist). Avocado is rich in good essential oils to give your skin instant natural botox. Oat milk is brilliant addition, not only flavour wise, but also for its’ soothing effects on skin and hair due to a high vitamin B5 and fibre content in oats. When in season (August, early September), make sure you throw in a handful of optional ingredient wild blackberries! These little guys are ultra high in anti-oxidants, and are one of the best natural blood tonics. A pinch of Ceylon cinnamon will balance your blood pressure, while a drizzle of organic honey is here for additional energy boost and belly relief (honey has soothing effects on irritated stomach).
Idea for this elixir of rejuvenation was born in the moment when my physical and mental levels were on the lowest low, all as a result of intense two week schedule full of pre post and birthday day cheering + demanding business trip in-between. Poor me 🙂 On the evening of my last post birthday cheering, I felt completely drained, with intense working week ahead of me. My body was in a desperate need of a natural power shower boost. This time I asked my body what to eat, disregarding the head. Shortly after, this awesome recipe came to me as an answer.
So here I am, one year older, still alive and kicking; actually feeling more energetic than ever! Rejuvenating smoothie soup is definitely one of the key factors for my revival and never-ending natural high.
At this stage, I hope your blender and soup plate are out of the cupboard, you are all pumped up, and ready to rock ‘n’ roll.
There's no problem that a blender can't fix,
Once you found a perfect ingredients mix :-)
Live, love, laugh & blend away guys!!!
Soup style ultimate elixir of rejuvenation with superfood ingredients blueberries and avocado in the main role. Caution: very powerful, brings dead back to life 🙂
- 60 g. blueberries (half of standard 125 g. package size)
- 1/2 ripe small avocado (or 1/3 of medium to large)
- 1 handful wild blackberries (optional, when in season)
- 150 ml. oat milk
- 50 ml. water
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 smaller apple
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1 medium apricot or peach
- 1 tbsp. toasted coconut flakes or shavings (see notes)
- 5 toasted almonds
- 2 halves toasted walnut
- drizzle honey
Peel and dice avocado.
Wash blueberries and blackberries (if using).
Place all “smoothie / soup stock” ingredients in a blender.
Blend on a high speed for about a minute. I like to blend for half a minute, give my blender a wee rest, and then continue.
Let it rest aside while you wash and chop “topping” fruit selection.
Pour smoothie into a soup plate and add all topping ingredients.
Put some nice chill out music on, spoon away, and start feeling chills down your spine 🙂
- Sole smoothie part of the recipe is ideal morning kick off formula
- Toppings vary according to the season. Apple is a year round classic, but feel free to experiment with the other seasonal delights tailored to your palates. For instance, in fall period chop some grapes, plums and figs. In winter time, knock yourself out with chopped tangerines, oranges and kiwis. Spring is brilliant time to indulge in strawberries.
- Toasted pumpkin or/and sunflower seeds are brilliant topping extra
- Toasted coconut shavings – by sole chance I had an unopened package of toasted coconut shavings bought couple of months ago and decided to give it a go, more for decoration sake. This turned out to be unbelievable topping idea; it rounds up the overall flavour just perfectly! Alternative to coconut shavings is widely available coconut flakes. Just make sure you briefly toast them in a pan or in the oven beforehand. Cool tip – toast the whole package of coconut flakes, store them in a mason jar, and sprinkle away when inspired (smoothie soup, yogurts, curries, cereals…)
- Few fresh spinach leaves are very cool and healthy extra ingredient for the smoothie/soup stock
- Good quality organic soya milk pairs as great as oat milk
- For full vegan version, use agave or rice syrup instead of honey