What exactly happens when you have few spare rocket leaves & carrots in the fridge, and are sooo sick of making yet another salad? And then you spot a block of feta cheese in the corner, waiving at you to remind you of an expiry date due in couple of days? Well, this is the moment when a new cool spread idea of epic proportions starts kicking in! 🙂 Are you ready for the “it” spread recipe of this spring/summer season?
This rocket & carrot spread is truly all in one – tangy, sweet, creamy, refreshing, and packed with abundance of essential vitamins, minerals & proteins. Its unique flavour makes it ideal for just about anything; use it as bruschetta spread, sandwich filler, fresh veggies dip, burger filler, BBQ party dip…
By the way, there is also an amazing bonus which comes along! Namely, vitamins A & C from fresh carrots and rocket are powerful anti-oxidants. Read – silky, smooth & shiny skin, anti-age properties, and natural bronze tan enhancer. Now, how cool is that?
Beauty about this recipe is that it does not require any kitchen skills. You just put few raw ingredients together (according to my measures, of course 🙂 ), turn your food processor on, and in literally a minute, you create this amazing spread with the kick, which will please even the most demanding crowd.
Enjoy my friend!
So yummy, refreshing, bursting with flavours, versatile, and on top of it all – very very healthy. A true spread with an attitude!
- 1 carrot (medium, cca. 130-150 g.)
- 2 handfuls rocket salad (arugula)
- 150 g feta cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper or ground chilli
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 4 tbsps Extra virgin olive oil
Wash, peel (no need if using organic), and slice the carrot. I like to slice carrot into rings, about 0,5 mm thick, and then half the rings, just to make it easier on the food processor
Rinse rocket salad and set aside.
Honestly, I always rinse salad before use, even if buying packaged version with “ready to eat” label, love to be on the safe side with anything that will go into my body.
Slice feta cheese into larger cubes.
Place all ingredients from the list into a food processor.
Blend for about a minute.
Open the lid, have a little taste, and see if you would like a bit of spice adjusting. If necessary, this is also a perfect moment to scrape of any unprocessed ingredients from the edges of the
bowl and toss them into mixture. Needless to say, your food processor is unplugged during this step!
Blend again for another minute.
Voila! You are so ready to serve 🙂
- As with any spread, taste gets fuller and better if you allow it a bit of a resting time. Due to fresh ingredients, maximum fridge life is 2 full days.
- Replace 2 tbsps of olive oil with 2 tbsps of pumpkin oil for fuller taste and richer aroma.
- Pumpkin, sunflower or/and linseeds are always welcomed as extra ingredient(s).
- Up for adding a bit of a Mediterranean touch? Feel free to throw few fresh basil leaves into the food processor.
- I just love to use this spread as a sandwich filler. It pairs perfectly with hard boiled eggs or grilled tofu stripes. Yummy, it is a must try))