“You’re just too good to be true, can’t take my fork off you. You feel like heaven in my mouth, oooh I want to eat you so much…” Cannot think of a better tribute to my new favorite salad really. Ode of joy is the next one on my playlist 🙂
It is amazing how only three humble ingredients; raw beetroot, apple and toasted walnuts, can create such a mouth-watering, energizing & rejuvenating dish! After a very first bite, you can feel life energy entering each cell of your body, patching up any micronutrient deficiency there might be, to get you back on track. Or to better say – on warp power.
Let me omit nutritional facts data or any scientific research background. In the plain language – “Too good to be true” salad contains all essential nutrients for a healthy blood, gut and skin. This is a raw food miracle at its’ best.
The coolest part is that it literally takes 5 minutes for preparation, and it is a true classic which can be eaten in hundred different ways year round. It is just as amazing as a creamy pasta side dish in the winter period, or as a light sandwich filler in the hot summer months.
Think it is time for you to start singing as well guys! Get them raw beets & apples out of fridge/pantry, roll up your sleeves, and start grating. He, he, grating for greatness 🙂
Happy belly and a powerful healthy body are essential components of a truly fulfilling and joyful life. So grate on my friends & carpe vitae, just like the God intended!!
“Too good to be true” salad is your ticket to warp speed power. It contains all essential nutrients for a healthy blood, gut and skin. This is a raw food miracle at its’ best.
- 200 g. raw beetroot (1 medium bulb)
- 180 g. apple (1 larger, any sort)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/4 of a larger or 1/2 of medium)
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 0,5 tsp pepper
- 8 halves toasted walnuts
Peel, wash and grate beetroot & apple.
Roughly chop toasted walnut halves.
Combine the three ingredients into a salad bowl. Stir it gently with a fork. Then add all other ingredients; balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Toss it all well. Taste, and if needed, adjust spices to your liking.
Voila – your salad is ready to be served 🙂
- Feel free to prepare this salad beforehand. It actually tastes much better couple of hours or a day later, when all ingredients combine and fully release their flavor.
- My advice – make at least double dose at once, and have it handy in your refrigerator for numerous meal combinations over the next 4 days.
- Experiencing savory cravings between the meals? Well, few bites of this goodie will patch you up in no time. This is ideal alternative to greasy crisps or crackers.